Call us now on 01392 797733

Contact Us

What is Commercial Property Insurance?


In a nutshell, if you own a building from which a business operates, whether it be your own company or someone else's, it is considered a business premises. Commercial property insurance provides cover for the risks associated with owning these premises. It protects you from damage or losses that may occur to the structure of the property in order to keep your income safe.

Property insurance is often coupled with liability insurance, contents insurance or business interruption insurance but can also be sold separately.

There is often some confusion about the distinction between what is considered property and what is classed as contents. Anything that is not physically attached to the building such as tables and chairs are contents, but the doors, cupboards and walls come under property insurance.


1) What does it cover?


The most important feature of commercial property insurance is that it covers the costs of completely rebuilding or repairing damage to your business premises. It is critical that you accurately provide the full cost to rebuild your property should it be destroyed. Being under insured could be disastrous should something happen that would cause you to claim for the full amount.

You will be fully protected in the event of:

· burst pipes

· flood

· fire

· riots

· storms

· subsidence

· theft


2) Who needs Commercial property Insurance?


Property Owners that have purchased the property themselves from which they operate their own business

We protect small and medium-sized businesses and their premises. Our customers include a wide variety of business owners from shops, salons, restaurants, pubs, offices, warehouses or even factories.

Landlords that own the building and let it out to Commercial Tenants for rental income

If you are the landlord of a commercial building, you must agree with your tenant who is responsible for insuring what, as contents will not be covered under your policy and so will be your tenant's responsibility.

It is also important to note that if your property is empty for 30 days or more, specialist unoccupied commercial property cover is needed. Unoccupied Property Insurance often provides the most basic of cover against perils such fire lightning, earthquake and explosion.


At Exe Insurance we understand the needs of Commercial Property Owners and recognise that every building and circumstance is different. We strive to give our clients the best service and work with our insurers to tailor a policy to suit your exact needs to give you complete peace of mind. For more information on this complex topic call 01392 797 733 or email

Renewal Info


Contact us

Call us now on 01392 797733 or alternatively use the button below to contact us online.

Contact Us